Wednesday, June 1, 2011

13 years.....

At 16 you shouldn't have to say goodbye to a friend. A friend who was more like family. I was in Disneyworld and he was in pain. When I came home my mom told he was gone and I was upset (devesated is more like it). And I was hurt, mad, sad, confussed... I didn't get to go to the funeral because my mom didn't think my brother nor I would want to so she didn't tell us while we were on the trip. (I wish she would have let me make that choice. I don't know what I would I have done but at least it would have been my choice and not hers)


Every summer was spent with my friend Jake and his sisters and family. We would go to the lake. I have some fun memories. One that sticks out is him being super exctied that 93.7 come in the whole way to the lake. Makes me smile to think of the excited way to told us all. He was fearless. I sometimes wonder if that is the reason behind Bob's fearlessiness (is that a word) having Jacob as a middle name must make you fearless:)


My dad likes to tell me when we were two Jake walked right up to me and pushed me down...I am sure he did it cause I was so cute and that is how boys show their love....


The last time I saw Jake we watched the movie "The Little Rascals" and he made me a Chocolate shake..which I was sure was going to be gross and make with some kind of weird boy thing in it..But I was wrong it was made with Chocolate, icecream and lots of love!


I can't believe it's been so long and I can remember the last time I saw time like it was yesterday. I always wondered what kind of man he would have been..I can't wait to get to heaven and hug him and let him know how much I missed him and loved him.


Today I think I'll watch The little Rascals and make the kids a chocolate shake....


I will also cuddle my kids a little more and kiss them a lot because you never know how much time you have.

Kiss the ones you love today and let the ones you love know it. Forgive those who need it. And smile at all those you see!

Photobucket

No comments: