Monday, January 28, 2008

Sweet Gordon B. Hinckley


Our sweet Prophet is now with his sweet wife. Although I am sad feel blessed to have had many opportunities to hear his words. To hear what a man of God has to say to me for me and my family. I am blessed to be in church where dealth is not an "unknown scarry thing" in fact it is joyful and we know where we are going. President Hinckley knew he didn't have much time left and he was excited he wanted to be with his eternal companion again and I am so happy that he is now there. One day I will hug him and let him know how thankful I am for him along with many other wonderful people in this church.
I love this quote :"You were generals in the War in Heaven and one day when you are in the spirit world, you will be enthralled by those you are associated with. You will ask someone in which time period they lived and you might hear,"I was with Moses when he parted the Red Sea," or "I helped built the pyramids'" or "I fought with Captain Moroni." And as you are standing there in amazement, someone will turn to you and ask you which of the prophets' time did you live in? And when you say "Gordon B. Hinckley" a hush will fall over every hall and corridor in Heaven, and all in attendance will bow at your presence. You were held back six thousand years because you were the most talented, most obedient, most courageous, and most righteous."- Elder Boyd K Packer
I really believe this and I am trying everyday to life up to the promises I made with Heavenly Father before I came to this earth. I will miss seeing President Hinckley's sweet face but it is only goodbye for a little bit.

1 comment:

Danny said...

Reina,

I just wanted to pass the word on that Pres. Packer actually refuted this quote in the Church News in 2001. Here's the link:

http://www.desnews.com/cn/view/1,1721,175001236,00.html

Help pass the word along.